Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) Market to Grow at a 56.61% CAGR by 2018 Says a New Research Report at Sandlerresearch.org
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) July 15, 2014
Big data tools and analytics are increasingly contributing to the increasing popularity of MOOCs. Universities are turning to MOOC providers for large student data analyses. Examination outcomes and assignment grading are made easy with MOOCs because of the online nature, which is otherwise a slow and tedious procedure with traditional data gathering techniques. The records are easily managed with big data tools, giving educators the advantage of real-time data management.
Analysts forecast the Global Massive Open Online Courses market will grow at a CAGR of 56.61 percent over the period 2013-2018. According to the report, the Global MOOCs market is driven by several factors. One of the major factors that are driving the growth of the market is the rising cost of education. Education is an important aspect for employment in today's world but the rising costs, increasing student loan debts, and declining average pay of graduates have made it difficult for students to receive quality education. As a result, students are opting for MOOCs as these courses are of low cost and provide much better quality of education.
The Global Massive Open Online Courses market can be segmented on the basis of pedagogy into: cMOOC and xMOOC. The report discusses the market segmentation based on student demographics and course preferences, as well as the market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years.
The Global Massive Open Online Courses Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the EMEA and APAC regions as well as the key leading countries in this market. It also provides in-depth overview of the revenue generation models adopted by thse vendors in the market and discusses the key vendors operating in this market.
Purchase Report @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=19370.
The report recognizes the following companies as the key players in the Global Massive Open Online Courses Market: Coursera Inc., edX, Udacity Inc., Udemy Inc. , Academic Partnerships, Apple Inc., Codecademy, Crypt4you, FutureLearn Ltd., Iversity GmbH, Khan Academy, NovoEd Inc., Peer 2 PeerUniversity Inc., PIER - International Education Services Ltd., StraighterLine, Veduca Edtech .
Key Market Driver
• Increasing Cost of Education Key Market Challenge
• Low Course Completion Rate Key Market Trend
• Big Data Tools and Analytics Further, the report states that the future of the Global Massive Open Online Courses market is, however, constrained by certain factors. The main factor is the low completion rates of students enrolled in MOOC programs. In 2013, the average completion rate of MOOCs was less than 7 percent. This was mainly because of the lack of motivational factors such as college credits or certifications. Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
• What are the key market trends?
• What is driving this market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in this market space?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors? List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Market Research Methodology
Exhibit 2: MOOC Market Overview
Exhibit 3: Timeline of MOOC Development
Exhibit 4: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market 2013-2018 (US$ million)
Exhibit 5: Comparison of MOOCs by Service Offering Type
Exhibit 6: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Enrolee Gender, 2013
Exhibit 7: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Enrolee Age, 2013
Exhibit 8: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Educational Qualification of Enrolee, 2013
Exhibit 9: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Course Preference, 2013
Exhibit 10: Revenue Generation Models of MOOCs
Exhibit 11: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Region, 2013
Exhibit 12: Global Massive Open Online Courses Market Segmentation by Countries, 2013 New Reports:
Global Learning Management Systems Market 2014-2018: Analysts forecast the Global Learning Management Systems market will grow at a CAGR of 23.76 percent over the period 2013-2018. Covered in this Report
The Global Learning Management Systems market is segmented into two categories:
• Academic (K-12 and Higher Education) Global e-Commerce Technology Market 2014-2018: Analysts forecast the Global e-Commerce Technology market will grow at a CAGR of 20.3 percent over the period 2013-2018. Key Vendors
• Demandware Inc.
• eBay Inc.
• hybris AG
• IBM Corp.
• Oracle Corp.
Explore other new reports on Information Technology Market.
Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org/) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/massive-open-online/courses-market-2014-2018/prweb12018014.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]