HP Delivers Seamless Windows Server 2003 Transition; Program helps partners drive growth, capture new opportunities and meet critical customer needs
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced a new program, developed in conjunction with Microsoft, to enable channel partners to capitalize on the $10 billion opportunity presented as customers transition from Windows Server 2003.
As Microsoft ends support for Windows Server 2003, customers are turning to HP channel partners for help assessing, planning and implementing their migration. With the HP Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration Program , partners can rapidly and safely meet customer needs with reduced risk and cost, increased return on investment, and fast implementation.
"The success of customer migrations from Windows Server 2003 depends on thorough planning, disciplined migration execution and post-migration support," said Sue Barsamian, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Group, HP. "Our migration approach offers partners optimal flexibility and support, whether they are transitioning their customers' workloads to a private, public or hybrid cloud or modernizing their applications and IT infrastructure to achieve better business results."
Together, HP and Microsoft offer a complete portfolio of channel-optimized IT solutions, services, training, financing and a seamless support experience to help partners drive growth and meet evolving customer needs as they transform their business environments. These offerings include HP SMB Flex-Bundles, engineered for Microsoft workloads with Microsoft Azure as a cloud backup solution, and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, which provides a best-in-class server experience that helps partners cost-effectively cloud-optimize customers' businesses, with alignment to Microsoft's Azure service.
"For three decades, Microsoft and HP have been jointly innovating and delivering products and solutions that provide tangible business results for our shared customers," said Nick Parker, corporate vice president, Device Partnerships, Microsoft. "Today's joint Windows Server 2003 EOS program announcement is another example of the differentiated end-to-end offerings that our customers and partners can rapidly and safely deploy, whether on premises with HP's latest innovative server platforms or in the cloud with Microsoft's Azure platform."
In addition to providing a portfolio of industry-leading solutions to tackle complex IT challenges and services to optimize business results, the HP Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration Program also includes the following solutions, sales, marketing, training and financing resources designed to help partners succeed:
- Channel Optimized solution bundles for both Enterprise and SMB customers
- HP and Microsoft will offer special promotions for Server and Microsoft Operating System license combinations when a partner replaces a Windows Server 2003 installation.
- HP Financial Services (1) offers partners competitive financial incentives and migration solutions including technology refresh, trade in, duel usage and transition services designed to accelerate sales cycles and increase win rates.
- Sales enablement and training resources, including access to HP sales plays and new tools to simplify customer migration assessments.
- The Windows 2003 End-of Support Event Kit includes presentation content and event tools to accelerate partners' pre-sales process.
- Co-marketing assets to help partners capture opportunity and drive growth.
As one of Microsoft's largest original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and Gold Certified Partners, HP has been named as "Microsoft Global Enterprise Partner of the Year" five times. HP provides full support, training and migration, cloud, mobility, collaboration, and big data consulting for Windows Server, built on more than 30 years of partnership with Microsoft.
"This program from HP and Microsoft arms us with the products and solutions that best enable us to mitigate compliance and security challenges that solution providers may face," said Jess Bennett, director, HP Solutions Group, Tech Data. "As we seek to deliver an IT infrastructure that will best serve customers now and in the future, these sales and enablement tools will help drive business."
The HP Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Migration Program is available now.
(1) Financing and service offerings available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively HPFSC) in certain countries and are subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates and terms are based on customer's credit rating, offering types, services and/or equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify. Not all services or offers are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice
2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Kristin Harlan , HP Channel email@example.com
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]