Top creatives in Africa selected as Loeries regional judges [Bizcommunity (South Africa)]
(Bizcommunity (South Africa) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Cannes 2014 award-winning Film Director Ali Ali from Egypt teams up with founder of Tanzania's largest creative agency, Ulric Charteris, as well as Ogilvy & Mather Africa's Creative Director, Till Aurousseau, as regional judges for the upcoming 2014 Loeries.Judges
- Ali Ali: Film Director and Founder of Elephant in Cairo, Ali Ali is described as one of Africa's most acclaimed creatives. Ali, best known for the Never Say No to Panda ads, took home a Cannes Gold Lion last week for directing a two-for-one movie ticket campaign offer from telecommunications company Du.
His boutique agency is Egypt's most awarded advertising business, and after winning the Dubai Lynx Grand Prix for Television over four consecutive years, Ali is the region's most awarded director. His career has spanned continents and ranged from seasoned agencies in Eastern Europe to a celebrated maverick independent in Africa.
"I am honoured and super excited to be coming to Loeries this year and to being a part of all the creative energy going on at the other end of our continent. Not only is Cape Town my favourite city, but South African creativity has always been an inspiration to us here in Cairo." says Ali. "I look forward to judging the work, and, given what I recently saw from South Africa at Cannes I'm expecting to see great things. I look forward to meeting new people, to saying "howzit", to drinking Franschhoek Chenin Blanc and more importantly to absorbing everything there is to learn from this prestigious awards show."
Ali will be speaking at the DStv Seminar of Creativity during Loeries Creative Week Cape Town on 19 September.
- Ulric Charteris: Last year, Ulric Charteris's Roots255 was the first Tanzanian agency to reach the finals at The Loeries. In 2014, Charteris joined the Loeries Africa Advisory Committee, and he now takes his place as one of three regional judges. He embarked on his advertising career in South Africa as a junior copywriter, and quickly rose in the ranks up to Creative Director at Oglivy South Africa, before moving to Tanzania where he established Roots255 in 2006. Charteris has notched up an array of awards including Golds, Silvers, Bronzes and two Grands Prix in competitions in South Africa, as well as international recognition from Cannes, Clios and The One Show Awards. Charteris is known as a trailblazer on a quest to discover meaningful insights into African consumers, and to free the continent's marketing efforts from the imposition of Eurocentric views.
- Till Aurousseau: French-born, Till Aurousseau is Creative Director at Ogilvy & Mather Africa, part of the largest network agency on the continent. Aurousseau has previously worked at top creative agencies such as TBWA/Paris, TBWA/NEBOKO and Marcel Paris, as well as freelancing for Publicis Conseil, BETC EuroRSCG and DDB, amongst others. His work as art director and creative director includes notable accounts such as Orange, McDonald's, P&G, Nestle, Playstation, Amnesty International and Philips.
Judging takes place during Loeries Creative Week Cape Town 15-21 September. Finalists will be announced daily and the week ends with the awards ceremonies on Saturday, 20 and Sunday, 21 September. Don't miss the DStv International Seminar of Creativity at Cape Town City Hall on Friday, 19 September. Ali Ali will be joined by other international leaders including the Jury Chairmen:
- TV & Radio: John Mescall, Executive Creative Director, McCann, Sydney
- Print, Outdoor & Collateral: Arno Lindemann, Chief Creative Officer, Lukas Lindemann Rosinski, Hamburg
- Digital: PJ Pereira, CEO and co-founder Pereira and O'Dell, San Francisco
- Communication Design: Stephen Doyle, Creative Director, Doyle Partners, New York City
More speakers will be announced in the upcoming days. For more:
- Bizcommunity search: Loeries
- Official site: www.loeries.com
- Google News search: The Loeries
- Twitter search: Loerie Awards OR "The Loeries" OR Loeries2014 OR "Loerie Awards 2014"
- Facebook: The Loeries page
- Twitter: @loeries
All rights reserved.
(c) 2014 Bizcommunity.com Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]