Montenegro's fixed-line users decline 1.4% y/y at end-May 2014 [IntelliNews - Weekly Reports]
(IntelliNews - Weekly Reports Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) The number of fixed-line users in Montenegro decreased by 1.4% y/y to 166,907 at end-May following a 0.5% y/y contraction the month before, the communication agency EKIP said. On a monthly basis, the number of fixed telephony users fell 1.0% at end-May, after edging down by 0.1% m/m in the previous two months.
Crnogorski Telecom, the Montenegrin unit of Deutsche Telecom, held a 98.3% share of the fixed telephony market versus just 1.7% for M:tel, the local arm of Telecom Srbije. M:tel provides fixed telephony via the WiMAX technology.
Households accounted for 87% of all fixed-line users at end-May, whereas companies got the remaining 13%.
The total number of Montenegro's Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) connections declined 12.9% y/y and 2.6% m/m to 3,964 at end-May. Out of the total ISDN connections, some 43% belonged to citizens and the remainder to companies.
(c) 2014 Emerging Markets Direct Media Holdings LLC Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]