(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) SMi's 4th annual Telecoms for Smart Grids conference will address the development of both UK and European communications infrastructure for smart grid development and metering deployment, data communication infrastructure and integration, substation automation, distribution network upgrades, and business process management. The two-day programme will also cover the onset of M2M communications technology with challenges and risks in delivering a fit-for-purpose, secure systems with leading utilities, government and communication technology authorities sharing valuable insights on current pilot projects, challenges and solutions.
SMi's 4th Telecoms for Smart Grids conference, taking place on 22-23 September in London, will address challenges with innovation and future regulation relating to communications requirements for smart grid development and smart meter deployment with case studies from utilities including E.ON and ESB. The two-day conference programme will also feature keynote addresses from ZigBee Alliance, the Data and Communications Company (DCC) and the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC). Updates will be provided on what to expect in terms of future regulation, actions being taken to make the smart grid a reality in Great Britain, plus how wireless and M2M technology is enabling upcoming smart grid/meter/water developments across Europe.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Adrian Butt, Policy Advisor, Smart Grids, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Jonathan Simcock, Managing Director, Data Communications Company
- Gilles Thonet, Managing Director Europe, ZigBee Alliance
- Markus Hofsaess, Project Manager, Smart Meter Communication, Technology& Solutions, E.ON
- Denis O'Leary, Head of Smart Energy Technologies, ESB
- Prof. William Webb, CEO, Weightless
- John Bourke, Head of Systems and Services, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Prof. Dragan A. Savic, Professor of Hydroinformatics and Head of Engineering, University of Exeter
- David Greer, Executive Director Institute for Information Security, University of Tulsa
- Mark Ossel, Board Member, OSGP Alliance
- Colin Mallett, Director, Smart Homes & Buildings Association
To view the full speaker line-up and complete two-day conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014telecoms-smartgrids8.asp.
Plus, don't miss the half-day post-conference workshop taking place on 24th September:
Business Choices: Choosing the Telecoms System for Smart Grids
Led by: Andrew Thomas, Divisional Director & Dr. Andrew Wheen, Principal Consultant, Information Communications Technology, Mott MacDonald | 8.30 - 12.30