North American Retail POS Printers Industry Forecasts to 2017 in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) June 18, 2014
This 76 page report focuses on the housed receipt printer market for retail POS devices in North America. Packed with 98 figures, this report details the market shipshare, distribution channels and installed base for the top printer vendors doing business in the region and provides for market projections based on changing technologies and changing distribution philosophies through the year 2017. Vendors reviewed include Epson, IBM, NCR, TPG, Star Micronics, TransAct, Citizen, Bixolon, and others.
This report is designed for use by POS Printer Vendors, POS System Providers, Maintenance Providers, Paper Suppliers, EFT device vendors, Consulting Organizations, Retailers and others who might have a vested interest in the POS Printer Market.
Order a purchase copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/request-sample?rname=187369 .
This is a review of the housed printer market in North America. By definition, this report reviews printers that are sold alongside Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals. It does not include printers integrated into POS, Electronic Cash Registers (ECRs), or Electronic Funds Transfer devices (EFT), which we would classify as printer mechanisms. Additionally, we did not review printer shipments associated with banking or kiosk applications.
Report tracks 6 types of printers in the Retail/Hospitality Market. These are the following:
• Thermal POS Receipt - Defined as a housed printer sold along side of a POS unit that is a single station with a thermal print head.
• Impact Receipt - Defined as a housed printer sold along side of POS unit that is single station with an impact print head.
• Dual Station/Hybrid - Defined as a housed printer sold along side POS unit that has a thermal receipt printer head and an impact slip printer head for slips.
• Slip Only - Defined as a housed printer sold along side of POS unit that does check validation and wide format printing. These are common in bars and restaurants.
• Multi-Station - Defined as a housed printer sold along side POS unit that has multiple impact stations for receipt, journal, and slip printing. This is inclusive of the very popular Three-Station Printer that are still installed in many larger retailers.
• Inkjet - Defined as a housed printer at the POS that utilizes inkjet printing technology specifically to support color printing. Unlike a desktop Inkjet, this printer is in the size and format of a POS printer.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/north-american-retail-pos-printers-market-report.html .
Table of Contents
Introduction / Background and Objectives
Printer Definitions Used
Distribution Channel Definitions Used
1. Trends in Retail POS Printer Technology
2. Printer Shipments
2.1 Total Shipments by Printer Type
2.2 Thermal Receipt Printer Shipments
2.3 Impact Receipt Printer Shipments
2.4 Slip Only Printer Shipments
2.5 Dual Station/Hybrid Printer Shipments
2.6 Multi-Station Printer Shipments
2.7 Inkjet Printer Shipments
3. Vendor Shipments
3.1 Vendor Shipments
3.2 Epson America Printer Shipments
3.3 IBM Printer Shipments
3.4 TPG Printer Shipments
3.5 Star Micronics Printer Shipments
3.6 TransAct/Ithaca Technologies Printer Shipments
3.7 Citizen/CBM America Printer Shipments
3.8 NCR Printer Shipments
3.9 BIXOLON Printer Shipments
4. Printer Installed Base
4.1 Installed Base by Printer Type
4.2 Thermal Receipt Printer Installed Base
4.3 Impact Receipt Printer Installed Base
4.4 Slip Printer Installed Base
4.5 Dual Station/Hybrid Printer Installed Base
4.6 Multi Station Printer Installed Base
4.7 Inkjet Printer Installed Base
5. Printer Installed Base by Vendor
5.1 Vendor Installed Base
5.2 Epson Installed Base
5.3 TPG Installed Base
5.4 IBM Installed Base
5.5 Star Micronics Installed Base
5.6 TransAct/Ithaca Installed Base
5.7 Citizen/CBM America Installed Base
5.8 NCR Installed Base
5.9 BIXOLON Installed Base
6. Shipments by Distribution Channel
6.1 Total Shipments by Distribution Channel
6.2 Distribution Direct to End Users
6.3 Distribution through the Dealer Channel
6.4 Distribution through a Master Distributor
6.5 Distribution through Other POS/OEM Vendors
7. Vendor Shipments by Distribution
7.1 Epson America Shipments by Distribution Method
7.2 IBM Shipments by Distribution Method
7.3 TPG Shipments by Distribution Method
7.4 Star Micronics Shipments by Distribution Method
7.5 TransAct/Ithaca Shipments by Distribution Method
7.6 Citizen/CBM America Shipments by Distribution Method
7.7 NCR Shipments by Distribution Method
7.8 BIXOLON Shipments by Distribution Method
8. Shipments and Installed Base Projections
8.1 2014 - 2017 Shipment Projections by Printer Type
8.2 2014 - 2017 Shipment Projections per Distribution Channel
8.3 2014 - 2017 Installed Base Projections by Type
Explore more reports on Printer industry at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/information-technology-telecommunication/computer-hardware/computer-equipment/printer .
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/north-american-retail-pos/printers-market-report/prweb11954527.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]