(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) (PRWEB) March 03, 2014
Delegates will be given the chance to get up close and personal with top infotainment executives from the automotive community with 4 full presentations set to be delivered by Ford, BMW, SEAT, and Jaguar Land Rover. This takes on particular significance due to the candid approach that some of these companies have taken over recent years. These presentations have been designed with the intention of allowing smaller content providers and start-ups to receive the latest update on the direction of infotainment through the eyes of Europe’s top OEMs so that they can better understand how to develop content solutions. Then, to give content providers and app developers the ability to respond to the requirements of OEMs, panel sessions will take place discussing HMI, big data, in-car app stores and developer outreach involving companies not traditionally associated with the automotive space - for example content providers such as Facebook, Trip Advisor, Aupeo and Wejo.
Looking through the speaker line-up for the Conference, Gareth Ragg, Project Director at Telematics Update commented, “This really is the standout event of the connected car’s year in Europe. OEMs are clearly taking it seriously with their phenomenal turnout – 10 are already confirmed. Services, analytics and the connected car, one of the leading trends at trend CES and Mobile World Congress, is set to remain high up on OEM’s agendas for years to come.” He concluded, “I am excited to see what comes out of these new, innovative apps/tech companies being in the same room as automakers. Expect announcements off the back off this”.
Over 30 industry-leading speakers at the 2014 Conference
The Conference programme and speaker line-up has been added to week-on-week to ensure delegates hear from the most innovative companies and their C-level representatives within the infotainment space.
• Dr. Johann Prenninger, Head of Field Data Analytics, BMW *NEW
• Philipp Hoschka, Deputy Director, World Wide Web Consortium *NEW
• Olivier Lenz, Programmes Director, FIA Region I *NEW
• Gregoire Heugel, Sales Director Automotive and Mobile, Michelin *NEW
• Kenneth Malmburg, New Business - Global Connected Car, GM
• Peter Virk, Head of Connected Technologies and Apps, Jaguar Land Rover
• Joerg Luetzner, Director - Online Services, Continental Automotive
• Wolfgang Sailer, Product & Advanced Product Planning Manager, Kia
• Candido Peterlini, Director - Infotainment Product Concept , Fiat
• Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
• Alastair Cotterill, Creative Strategist, Facebook
• Rory Kenny, Mobile Partnerships EMEA, Trip Advisor
The fuller speaker-line up of over 30 industry leading speakers can be found here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/conference-speakers.php
The hottest topics at this Year's Conference:
• Break down 'Big Data' to Create Next-Gen Apps
• Create a Standout Automotive User Interface
• De-Bunk the In-Car App Store Myths
• The Case for Daily Relevant Content
• The Future of the Auto Operating System
To view the complete conference agenda - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/conference-agenda.php
With 30+ senior-level infotainment speakers, 16+ sessions and attended by 250+ delegates, this year’s event will be Europe’s biggest conference focussed on content and apps for automotive and should be high up on all dedicated IVI professionals’ agenda.
Nokia stated that the Conference offered “Excellent networking and solid technical & business updates” and General Motors backed this up by declaring “No sales pitch, non-stop intellectual debate on all important issues related to apps/contents in auto industry!”
For the complete Content and Apps for Automotive Europe 2014 conference programme and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/conference-event-brochure.php or contact the Telematics Update team at contenteu(at)telematicsupdate(dot)com
Register before Friday 14th March via the secure link below to take advantage of the €100 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/register.php
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Telematics Update/ Open Mobile Media
+ 44 (0) 207 375 7517 / 1 800 814 3459 ext. 7517
Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11623297.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire