IIT-Kharagpur organises techno-management fest [News] [Times of India]
(Times of India Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) KOLKATA: Budding technocrats from IIT Kharagpur are all set to host the 11th edition of the techno-management symposium, Kshitij, from January 31 to February 3. Last year's fest witnessed a mammoth participation of 65,000 students from across tech schools of the country. With a prize money of over 60 lakhs on offer, Kshitij has made its mark among engineering colleges and institutes.
The fact that UNESCO is granting patronage to Kshitij for the second consecutive time, speaks volumes of the kind of impact it has been able to make among the student fraternity. To participate in the fest the students need to register on the website, www.ktj.in, which holds the distinction of being India's largest student-run website, having recorded a whopping 8 million hits last year.
The association of globally renowned organisations like ACM, ASME, IMechE and IEEE will participate this year with their flagship events. ACM, the most esteemed
society in the field of computing, certifies the popular night-long coding competition Overnite , while the RC/IC car designing competition Race Pulse has the backing of Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). Nashify, an on spot game theory event, seeks to judge the participant's ability to outsmart his opponent. Illuminate, the social initiative, aims to utilise the creativity of the youth to encourage people to donate their eyes through documentary making, followed by an eye donation pledge camp supported by Coca Cola where likeminded people would come together to pledge their eyes for the blind. The enormous gathering of students would also have an amazing opportunity to interact with some of the distinguished scientists in charge of Large Hadron Collider's (LHC) ATLAS experiment through ATLAS Virtual Visits.
Corporate giants like TATA Steel, Boeing, United Health Group, General Electric, Airbus and Bosch are some of the few of Kshitij 2014's extensive gallery of sponsors.
Apart from such unique events, Kshitij also plays host to numerous inspiring guest lectures. The fest's much celebrated archive of guests include Mr. Nawazuddin Siddiqui, renowned critically acclaimed actor who has created for himself a huge cult following with raw, real roles in critically-acclaimed movies like "Kahaani", "The Lunchbox" and "Gangs of Wasseypur" , Ms. Shazia Ilmi , journalist and social activist, Dougal Alexander Jerram, British geologist, television presenter and author, Jonathan Forman, Scientific Advisor-OPCW (Noble Peace Prize-2013) and many more.
Kshitij also offers the youth of India the ultimate opportunity to witness and learn from industry leaders through its elucidatory workshops. This year's workshops include:
1) Rupee Depreciation by International Finance Corporation - Recent economic depressions and the after effects have only raised more questions on various economic theories and national policies that we follow today. To answer all such questions and give you a more concrete understanding of finance, Kshitij 2014 will have experts from International Finance Corporation.
2) Game streaming by NVidia - With the world's fastest mobile processor NVIDIA Tegra at its heart, stunning HD
multi-touch display, latest Android 4.3 OS, effortless transitions and lightning responses, NVIDIA SHIELD is a true reflection of technical brilliance. Kshitij presents, a workshop on "Game Streaming" brought by industry leader NVIDIA.
3) Automotive Engineering by HONDA MOTORS - In this special hands-on workshop by Honda Motors, the
participants will be initiated into the world of "Automotive Engineering", giving them insights into the ABS
Technology, Maintenance Free Battery, DTC reading and much more.
4) The Mozboot Camp by MOZILLA - Mozilla brings you a technical workshop on code contribution to Firefox OS mentored by the top developers from Mozilla, followed by one of the biggest appathons in the country.
5) Semiconductor Fabrication by KLA TENCOR - The workshop introduces you to current techniques for inspection & review - Optical Wafer Inspection, e-Beam Inspection and SEM. With no prior knowledge required, there is also an opportunity for internships at KLA-Tencor.
(c) 2014 Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]