Soft Drinks Market for UK, Germany & France with 2016 Forecasts in New Research Reports at RnRMarketResearch.com
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dallas, TX (PRWEB) January 20, 2014
Despite the appalling weather in the summer, the packaged water category continued its positive trend during 2012 with volumes increasing to 1,640 m liters. The growth of nearing 3% was driven by consumers returning to the category and by the Olympics and Jubilee summer of celebration, according to leading consumer specialist.
The carbonated segment once again out performed still variants, albeit from a smaller base, as consumers returned to the sector following negative publicity in previous years.
Further insights include:
• The development of the packaged water market over the last ten years has seen a shift in the industry dynamics. Carbonated water has grown by 19% from 2002, whereas still water has increased by approaching 36% over the same period.
• The biggest growth has come from spring water historically, aided by a change in classification by Highland Spring in 2007, from mineral water to spring water, to allow greater extraction from its source.
• The Private Label segment plays an important part in this category and in 2012 volumes grew by 3%. The competition in the value end of the market has been driven by consumers who want a healthy hydrating product, but do not want to pay such high prices.
• Consumers looking for value, has also led retailers to increase their own label offerings in terms of the actual in store space allocated to Private Label lines, as well different pack sizes.
• Prices increases in all channels in 2012 but, as already mentioned, at a slower rate than in some soft drinks categories.
• Volumes increased across all pack types in 2012, but the shares of different materials did not fluctuate dramatically.
Complete report on UK Soft Drinks Market is available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/united-kingdom-soft-drinks-review-2013-market-report.html.
Packaged water registered a flat performance in 2012 undermined by the unfavorable weather in the summer months. The German palate has slowly developed towards low and no carbonation with carbonated packaged water performing below the category overall, according to leading consumer specialist. With its comparatively high consumption level, the packaged water market is approaching saturation, with growth generated primarily through replacement.
Low carbonated packaged water holds the majority share with 43%, followed by regular carbonation with 37% and still packaged water 20%. Regular carbonated water lost share to both low carbonated and still packaged water, although the shift to still water was more visible. Consumers are favoring lower carbonation as it offers the same taste while being softer on the palate.
Complete report on Germany Soft Drinks Market is available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/germany-soft-drinks-review-2013-market-report.html.
Packaged water should continue to grow in the years to come should national brands continue to attract new consumers with reduced prices. Nearly 7.5 bn liters of packaged water was consumed in France in 2012, consumption remains 500 m liters behind 2005's consumption peak, which means that the market still has room and potential for growth, according to leading consumer.
The efforts to improve the environmental impact of bottled water and its perceived image in consumer eyes will be vital to sustain the current growth, for consumers will always be tempted to turn to tap water, due to its perceived environmental, cost and availability advantages.
Complete report on France Soft Drinks Market is available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/france-soft-drinks-review-2013-market-report.html.
Browse more reports on Soft Drinks Market http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/food-beverage/beverages/soft-drinks .
Contact sales(at)rnrmarketresearch(dot)com for further information.
RnRMarketResearch.com (http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/) is an online database of market research reports offers in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/soft-drinks-industry/2016-forecast-reports/prweb11503738.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]