|[January 14, 2014]
Research and Markets: Moving toward Sustainability - Carbon Reduction Technologies in Industry (Technical Insights)
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mtkx4t/moving_toward)
has announced the addition of the "Moving
toward Sustainability - Carbon Reduction Technologies in Industry
(Technical Insights)" report to their offering.
The objective of this research is to report on the market penetration of
carbon reduction technologies, specifically in reducing emissions of
carbon dioxide (CO2) in the manufacturing industry, and map their
technological development until 2025. The research scope is focused on
carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies applied in industries that
will contribute to reducing carbon emission by 2050. CCS is widely
established in the oil and gas and chemical industries, but its
application in the heavy industries such as steel, aluminum and cement
manufacturing, are currently at pilot stage. Organizations, government
bodies and private entities worldwide are developing techniques,
materials and methods to capture CO volumes. One of the effective ways
to capture CO2 is to integrate or retrofit the carbon capture unit into
a new or existing power plant respectively. This report provides
technical views and potential opportunities for technology developers
and the industry.
Briefly, this research service provides:
- A snapshot of advanced carbon reduction technologies, specifically
carbon capture, and their capabilities.
- Market impact assessment and analysis of key innovations and
technology and business accelerators and challenges in the field of
carbon redction technology.
- An assessment of technology adoption levels by region and by
technology and an analysis of end users' expectations of the
- An evaluation of emerging opportunities, technology roadmapping and
recommendations for technology development and management.
- Some key patents that provide an insight into notable activities and
global participants and a detailed list of contacts in the field, which
includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail IDs, and
1. Newer technologies have emerged from collaborations between different
entities such as universities, governments and private organizations due
to the political interest in reducing carbon emissions, which have
encouraged new innovations.
2. Although some of the CCS projects are progressing, the pace is too
slow to ensure the technologies' contribution in climate change
mitigation. There are insufficient policies by the government such as
providing incentives for retrofitting existing power generation plants.
Without sufficient policies to attract private entities, there are
difficulties in creating economic or market conditions aligned with the
vision to broaden CCS demonstration and deployment.
3. CCS technology and deployment should be given equal importance as
other clean energy technologies such as renewable energy, and in terms
of global climate change policy.
4. An emerging trend will be the development of more specialized enzymes
and membranes to be utilized for CCS to meet specific and complex needs
of the industry such as sequestration of industrial carbon emission and
neutralizing CO to create commercial byproducts.
5. Countries in Asia, particularly China, show an increased interest in
developing carbon capture resolutions due to the rapid
industrialization, which incur high demands of energy that resulted in
power plant expansions.
Key Topics Covered
Technology Snapshot and Trends
- Technology Capability
- Technology Value Chain
Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Market Impact of Accelerators
- Market Impact of Challenges
- Impact Mapping of Accelerators and Challenges
Diffusion of Innovations and Needs Assessment
- Technology Adoption Cycle according to Region
- Technology Adoption Cycle according to Technology
- Demand Side Analysis
Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Scenario Modeling and Emerging Opportunities
- Technology Roadmapping
- Technology Management Strategies
Key Patents and Key Contacts
- Key Patents
- Key Contacts
The Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert) Story
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mtkx4t/moving_toward
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international
market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest
data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top
companies, new products.
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]