ESB gets EUR 3.3m for smart grid research | Complimentary Utility passes available at Telecoms for Smart Grids
Aug 02, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
SMi's 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids Conference will play host to an an array of senior industry figures addressing the development of both UK and European communications infrastructures for Utilities. The two-day conference programme will discuss what communication infrastructure and backbone will be most secure, flexible, scalable and reliable with 22 thought leaders and experts, including 11 Utility representatives of: E.ON, RWE AG, Enel Distribuzione SpA, Stedin, UK Power Networks, Alliander, Scottish and Southern Energy, ESB, Western Power Distribution, Scottish Power, and Eco Island among others.
London - (Complimentary VIP Places for Utilities while places remain)
Contact Aaron Jackson on tel: +44 (0) 20 7827 6064 or email ajackson(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk
ESB has beaten European competitors to a EUR3.3m award towards groundbreaking research in to how the internet can improve energy systems. The funding will support further study of smart grids - electricity networks based on digital technology that allow two-way communication. This makes analysis of usage possible, which helps to reduce consumption. Meters that facilitate the grids will be introduced to Irish homes in 2017. According to Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte, "Ireland is at the leading edge in this area of the energy systems catching up with developments in the telecommunications area for smarter use of energy".
(Source: Irish Independent, 27 July, 'ESB gets EUR3.3m for smart grid research', http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/esb-gets-33m-for-smart-grid-research-29452535.html)
It is against this backdrop, that SMi's 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids will address this recent news and more with the current development of both UK and European communications infrastructures for Utilities. The two-day programme will provide the ideal platform for discussion and debate over current and emerging projects to improve communications infrastructures, and lessons learned from pilot projects in the UK and Europe. The two-day conference programme features a line-up of 22 thought leaders and experts, including 11 Utility case studies, with speakers consisting of: UK Power Networks, Alliander, Scottish and Southern Energy, ESB, Western Power Distribution, Scottish Power, E.ON, RWE AG, Enel Distribuzione SpA, Stedin, and Eco Island among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Gordon Hewitt, ICT Project Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- David Ross Scott, Industry Relationship Manager, Scottish Power
- Tim Manandhar, Low Carbon Solutions Design Manager, UK Power Networks
- Nigel Bessant, Project Delivery Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Sanna Atherton, Senior Project Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Denis O'Leary, Head of Smart Energy Technologies, ESB
- Ashley C. Brown, Counsel to Greenberg Traurig, and Executive Director Harvard Electricity Policy Group, Harvard University
- Marcus Smith, Solutions Architect, Cisco
- Markus Hofsaess, Technology & Solutions, E.ON
- Erik Moll, Telecom Policy Advisor, Alliander
- Giovanni Coppola, Innovation Manager, Enel Distribuzione SpA
- Gunnar Hoffman, Manager of Technology Corporate R&D, RWE AG
- Milo Broekmans, Senior Enterprise Architect, Stedin
To view the full speaker line-up and completed conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013telecomsforsmartgrids8.asp.
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]