Fujitsu Introduces ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi Tablet for Consumers Featuring Android 4.0
Tokyo, Feb 01, 2013 (JCN Newswire via COMTEX) --
Fujitsu today announced the release of ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi FAR70B, a Wi-Fi-compatible tablet for consumers that runs on Android(TM) 4.0. The new tablet will be available for purchase throughout Japan in consumer electronics stores as well as Fujitsu's WEB MART shopping site beginning February 15th.
ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi FAR70B is a thin, lightweight, high-spec, water-resistant tablet that is Wi-Fi compatible equipped with a large, Full HD display and a high-capacity 10,080mAh battery, in addition to featuring advanced water- and dust-resistance technology. The new tablet also offers an upgraded version of Fujitsu's Human Centric Technology, which delivers an optimal user-friendly experience through features such as color correction and accentuated touch controls, which are designed to make the device easier to use for elderly users.
The new tablet also features a switch-enabled smart fingerprint sensor and a family-friendly Style Switcher that allows the home screen to be customized for easy use by different members of the family, from a "Kid's Style" selection for children to an "Easy Style" selection for elderly users. With its advanced security and high-spec capabilities, the ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi FAR70B can be used comfortably either for business or as a shared tablet for the family.
1. Full HD large-screen display and quad-core CPU for a stunning, stress-free viewing experience
Featuring a Full HD (1,920 x 1,200 pixel) display that surpasses the standard width of high-definition video, the FAR70B delivers a more immersive viewing experience for high-resolution Full HD video content, crystal clear video game graphics, maps, electronic books, and other content. The new tablet is also equipped with an NVIDIA(R) Tegra(R) 3 quad-core processor for outstanding performance. With a high-performance 1.7 GHz(1) CPU and a 12-core graphics processing unit, high-definition games run smoothly for a stress-free experience.
2. Fast charging, high-capacity battery plus water- and dust-resistance, for reliable use on the go
At approximately 10,080-mAh, the tablet's battery has substantially higher capacity than its predecessor(2), which was equipped with a 6,560-mAh battery. As a result, it can make it through a long day of heavy use while on the go or on vacation without users having to worry about battery life. In addition, the ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi FAR70B offers ultra-high-speed charging with fast charging functionality(3), which can charge the battery to 1,770mAh in roughly 30 minutes, roughly 2.5 times higher capacity than the 700-mAh battery of the previous model.
The FAR70B also boasts IPX5/8 water-resistance and IP5X dust-resistance technology(4), equipping it to be carried around in all sorts of different environments, whether at home or outdoors.
3. Style Switcher: Delivers a user-friendly experience for all ages
The FAR70B includes a Style Switcher feature that allows users to easily change between different home screens that are custom configured for individual users, from "Kid's Style" for children to "Easy Style" for the elderly, making it suitable for use as a shared tablet for the whole family. Users are able to select from six different home screens, each with different design elements, including wallpapers, icons, clock designs, and shortcut icons.
The tablet provides for a wide range of input options, from one-handed typing to handwriting input. The input mode for Kid's Style displays the Japanese language's "50-sounds table" starting from the right, the way children are taught at school, while the input mode for Easy Style displays the 50-sounds table in the more familiar ATM-style, which starts on the left. The input mode switches automatically, making the FAR70B a tablet that is easy to use for a wide range of users.
4. Human Centric Engine: Ensuring optimal usability
Fujitsu's "Human Centric Engine," which uses cutting-edge sensing technology to provide an ideal user experience, is even more sophisticated than before. To compensate for the decline in color sensitivity that occurs as people age, the new "Matching View" feature customizes the screen's color balance to the user's age, while "Clear Touch" makes touch-based operations more obvious.
5. Next-generation Dolby Digital Plus: Enabling advanced dimensional surround sound
With the addition of the latest Dolby Digital Plus, users are able to enjoy high-quality videos in dimensional surround sound using only the tablet's front speakers.
6. Switch-enabled smart fingerprint sensor: Security as a basic function
With the built-in smart fingerprint sensor, the tablet's security lock can be released by simply placing the finger of a pre-registered user on the sensor. The new sensor contains a switch that can turn the tablet's screen on and off, making the process of turning on the screen and releasing its security lock easier than ever. Moreover, the new sensor delivers even greater convenience when employed in combination with the tablet's built-in security features, such as privacy mode and a password manager.
7. Slim and lightweight design for easy carrying
Weighing in at just 589g with a thickness of only 9.9mm, Fujitsu's new tablet boasts an incredibly slim easy-to-carry design. The rear of the tablet also features a superior construction thanks to advanced hair-thin processing technology, which enables a design that is slip-resistant when held in the hand.
8. Preloaded with a variety of useful applications that can be enjoyed from day one
The FAR70B comes preloaded with a variety of useful applications that users can enjoy from day one. These include Books V, Fujitsu's e-book service that boasts over 400,000 titles, Fujitsu Mobile Integrated Dictionary +, which consists of 30 pre-installed electronic dictionaries, and Wacky Motors for F, a racing game that allows players to steer intuitively by tilting the tablet in different directions.
Pricing and Availability
- ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi (Model: FAR70B)
- Available February 15, 2013
- Pricing Open
(1) 1.7 GHz: Maximum clock rate. Clock rate will change depending on usage conditions.
(2) Predecessor model (ARROWS Tab Wi-Fi): Refers to the FAR75A (with 32GB of storage) and the FAR70A (with 16GB of storage), announced on January 12, 2012.
(3) Ultra-high-speed charging: Ultra-high-speed charging requires a desktop holder and an adapter.
(4) IPX5/8 water resistance and IPX5 dust resistance: With the terminal cap and slot cap tightly closed, IPX5 and IPX8 water resistance features protect the tablet from water damage. IPX5 designation indicates that the tablet can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of approximately 3 meters for a period of at least 3 minutes. The IPX8 designation indicates that the tablet will function normally after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. When the terminal cap and slot caps are tightly closed IP5X dust resistance features protect the tablet from dust damage. IP5X indicates that the tablet can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 micro-m or less for 8 hours and still function and remain safe to use.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Public and Investor Relations
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]