|[January 21, 2013]
Research and Markets: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - South Africa
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6rmhxv/healthcare)
has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Healthcare,
Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - South Africa" to their offering.
An essential source of information and analysis on the South African
healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape, this report
identifies the key trends in the healthcare market, as well as providing
insights on the demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and
Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends
and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It is
built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases,
secondary research and in-house analysis by Our team of industry experts.
In 2011, South Africa's population was 50.5 million, largely due to a
positive balance between the birth rate and mortality rate. The
mortality rate is decreasing due to South Africa's improving healthcare
infrastructure and medical and diagnostic services. The pharmaceutical
market was estimated at $2.5 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach
$4.2 billion by 2020 at a projected CAR of 5.8%. The medical device
market was worth approximately $1.9 billion in 2011 and is expected to
reach $2.8 billion by 2020 at a projected CAGR of 4.3%.
The positive trends in South Africa's healthcare market can be
attributed primarily to:
- Increasing awareness of health and well-being in society
- Growth in the healthcare infrastructure
- The increasing availability of medicines
- Overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, including
size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers.
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical
and medical device markets. The key players covered for the
pharmaceutical market are Aspen, Adcock Ingram, Sanofi, Novartis and
Roche, and the key players covered for the medical devices market are
Siemens (News - Alert) Healthcare, Essilor International, Johnson & Johnson, F.
Hoffmann-La Roche, and B Braun Melsungen.
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with
details of the reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market
authorization processes for new drug and medical devices.
- Detailed analysis of South Africa's political and economic
environment, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare
infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and
driving the healthcare market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and
regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments,
and companies likely to impact the healthcare market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding
the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market
categories and segments that present the most opportunities for
consolidation, investment and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and
challenges in the healthcare market
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6rmhxv/healthcare
Source (News - Alert): GlobalData
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]