BRIEF: Two Onslow teens charged with threats against high schools
JACKSONVILLE, Dec 18, 2012 (The News & Observer (Raleigh - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
Two teens at Onslow County high schools each have been charged by sheriff's deputies with making threats, one a bomb threat at Southwest High School in Jacksonville and the other about a shooting at Richlands High School.
The sheriff's said in a statement Tuesday that Bryan Holley, 17, a senior at Richlands had been "making threats of a shooting."
Kyle Szuch, 16, made the bomb threat at Southwest, the statement said.
The sheriff's office did not say when the shooting threat was made or to whom, but said deputies learned of it late Monday, then arrested Holley.
The bomb threat was made Friday, the day that a gunman shot and killed 20 students and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
The sheriff's office did not detail the charges against either youth and said no other information was being released.
"The Onslow County Sheriff's Office takes serious any threats to the citizens of Onslow County, and extremely serious any threats to our schools," the statement said.
___ (c)2012 The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.) Visit The News & Observer
(Raleigh, N.C.) at www.newsobserver.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]