BRIEF: Bomb threat investigation hits dead end in Dublin
Dec 11, 2012 (The Columbus Dispatch - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
Dublin police haven't been able to nab whoever sent a bomb threat to Dublin schools late last month, and the case has hit a dead end.
The bomb threat, which delayed the entire district for two hours on Nov. 26 as police and school officials searched every school, was sent from an untraceable email address. The case is being labeled "inactive."
Although Superintendent David Axner initially said officials didn't think the emailed threat came from a student, police now say it's unclear. Whoever sent the threat used a company that sends anonymous emails. This one came through Iceland and was sent to several district administrators.
Police spokeswoman Megan Canavan said yesterday that the threat also was made through the police department's anonymous tipline. It doesn't capture any information about those leaving tips.
"We have exhausted all leads," Canavan said in an email.
Canavan said anyone who has information about the bomb threat should contact Dublin police.
___ (c)2012 The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio) Visit The Columbus Dispatch
(Columbus, Ohio) at www.dispatch.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]