Research and Markets: Brazil - Broadband Market - Overview, Statistics and Forecasts
Nov 09, 2012 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Brazil - Broadband Market - Overview, Statistics and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Broadband plans on offer in Brazil have improved significantly since 2008. In fact, broadband prices in Brazil are lower than in most other Latin American countries. In terms of broadband speeds, Brazil performs well compared with Latin America, but poorly compared with the rest of the world.
The number of fixed broadband subscribers continues to show solid growth rates despite the mobile broadband boom. However, there are parts of Brazil where fixed broadband does not reach, and where mobile broadband is the only option.
Although the government's National Broadband Plan is proceeding more slowly than originally hoped, it should significantly improve broadband access in Brazil. While the aim of the plan is to bridge the digital divide, it also creates investment opportunities for operators - especially small companies and start-ups - to provide services over the state-owned broadband network. In fact, the plan envisages wholesale rather than retail service, typically in areas with low competition.
This report provides an overview of Brazil's internet and broadband market, accompanied by relevant statistics, analyses, and broadband scenario forecasts for the years 2015 and 2020.
- Brazil's National Broadband Plan covered 692 municipalities in early 2012
- Folhapar has increased its interest in UOL and delisted the company
- the pay TV market has been opened to fixed-line telcos
- Oi and TelefonicaBrasil are launching IPTV in 2012
- Brazil has become the world's second-largest consumer of Twitter
- Facebook users tripled in 2011, overtaking Orkut
- CTBC/Algar Telecom
- Eletropaulo Telecom
- Internet Group (iG, iBest and BrTurbo)
- Net Servicos de Comunicacao
- TIM Brasil
- Universo Online
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]