Global Telecoms - Smart Grids and M2M
Aug 29, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7mt43m/global_telecoms) has announced the addition of the "Global Telecoms - Smart Grids and M2M" report to their offering.
This report provides a valuable overview of the important emerging sectors of smart grids and M2M which will form the basis of our smart communities of the future. It explores trends and developments and provides key global statistics and insights.
- Key insights and statistics on global smart grid development;
- Key insights and statistics on global smart meter market;
- Insights into smart grids and the energy industry;
- Insights into the consumer issues surrounding smart grids and meters;
- Key insight and statistics on M2M and the IoT;
- The role of fast broadband;
- Mobile broadband and the IoT insights;
- M2M and opportunities for the telcos;
- Case study on USA - a smart grid leader.
- Telemetry applications based on M2M are expected to boom and are integral to the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) environment.
- RFID also has a promising future in Machine-to-Machine transmission applications/IoT and is already in widespread use around the world.
- Smart is now well and truly on the agenda of most electricity companies, and indeed on many of their governments' political agendas. It has become increasingly clear that smart grids are able to transform the energy industry, and that a much broader group of industries are also affected by this. The other industries involved are IT, telecoms, white goods, renewable energy, management consultants, storage, transport, etc.
- The electricity grid is becoming the enabler in all these changes, and by making it an intelligent grid and adding telecoms to it, the power will shift away from the electricity companies to the customers - and the appliances that will be developed will assist this process; some of that on a M2M basis.
- While in developed markets Fibre-to-the-Home will be the leading infrastructure force behind this economic and social transformation, mobile broadband will deliver these changes in the developing world.
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7mt43m/global_telecoms
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Government and Public Sector (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=17&campaign_id=7mt43m)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]