Carolina Biological Supply Company Pairs Oracle ATG Commerce with Oracle's JD Edwards to Transform Business-to-Business Commerce
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., April 23 -- Oracle issued the following news release:
* Carolina Biological Supply Company (http://www.carolina.com/category/customer+service/about+us.do), one of the world's leading suppliers of science, math and laboratory materials for educators, has selected Oracle ATG Web Commerce (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/atg/web-commerce/index.html) to help improve its customers' online experience and increase sales.
* Because the new Oracle ATG Web Commerce software is easily integrated with the company's existing Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/jd-edwards-enterpriseone/index.html) resource planning system, it expects to quickly deploy the solution to streamline and improve business processes, accelerate time to market for new products and gain flexibility to support new customer requirements.
* Carolina Biological Supply Company expects to use the Oracle ATG Web Commerce platform to help better align content management with product attributes, improve product search and deliver more relevant cross-sell recommendations, such as pairing teaching materials with lab supplies.
* Carolina Biological Supply Company required a new commerce platform after its growing e-commerce business exceeded the capacity and functional limits of its existing solution.
* "We were looking for an effective, easy-to-use and reliable solution to help increase our online sales," said David Lyle, CIO at Carolina Biological Supply Company. "In addition, we wanted a solution that could be quickly and easily integrated with our back-office systems to deliver operational insight and efficiency that supports our promise of a superior customer experience. Oracle offered the best solution to help us better serve our customers."
* "By selecting Oracle ATG Web Commerce and integrating with Oracle's JD Edwards, Carolina Biological Supply Company is establishing a platform that will enable better customer service and business growth," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "We will continue to provide customers with broad functionality and integration between commerce and enterprise operations, helping them to more effectively serve customers and manage growth."
* About Carolina Biological Supply Company (http://www.carolina.com/category/customer+service/about+us.do)
* About Oracle ATG Web Commerce (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/atg/web-commerce/index.html)
* About Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/jd-edwards-enterpriseone/index.html)
* Oracle Retail (http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/retail/022189.htm) on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/oracleretail), Twitter (http://twitter.com/oracleretail) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/oracleretail)
* Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog (http://blogs.oracle.com/retail/)
* Oracle Retail in the News (http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/retail/046803.html)
* Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal (https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
(c) 2012 Targeted News Service
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]