Research and Markets: India - Major Telecommunications Operators
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/496645a1/india_major_tele) has announced the addition of the "India - Major Telecommunications Operators" report to their offering.
The dynamic Indian telecommunications market has one particularly compelling feature - the very large number of significant operators. As the market constantly adjusts to the changing pressures and demands, takeovers and mergers ensure that some level of equilibrium is maintained. In the meantime, we see significant shifts in market share among the players. Of course it is the country's booming mobile segment in which the major battles are being fought. Three major private players - Bharti, Reliance and Vodafone, with a formidable 54% share of the market between them, lead a field of 14 mobile operators. State-owned enterprises -BSNL and MTNL - have also been making their presence felt with a combined market share of 12%. Although the fixed-line telephony market in India has seen little growth of late (and is in fact shrinking), it remains an important segment of the overall market. It is the two state-owned operators that deliver the overwhelming majority of fixed-line services.
This report provides details of the many players in India's telecommunications market. The information offered includes comprehensive set of statistics covering the key areas in which the various telcos operate.
- In a strong growth market the leading mobile operators had been managing to hold their positions;
- at the same time a group of newer mobile players are rapidly expanding their subscriber numbers;
- in the battle of the mobile technology platforms the operators deploy, GSM has shifted well clear of CDMA and has become the standout technology;
- the mobile market was thrown into turmoil in early 2012 with the court decision to cancel the 2008 award of 2G licences;
- the efforts of the government to increase participation of private operators in rolling out fixed lines have met with little success.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/496645a1/india_major_tele
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: 353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=496645a1)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]