SUBSCRIBE TO TMCnet
TMCnet - World's Largest Communications and Technology Community

TMC NEWS

TMCNET eNEWSLETTER SIGNUP

Most Japanese think Japan is dangerous
[April 11, 2006]

Most Japanese think Japan is dangerous


(UPI Top Stories Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)More than 70 percent of Japanese think their country is a dangerous place, a government ministry white paper has shown.

In addition to natural disasters such as earthquakes, torrential rain and typhoons, residents' confidence has been shaken by construction scandals and accidents such as a 2005 train derailment in the city of Amagasaki, in which more than 100 people were killed, the Mainichi Shimbun reported Tuesday.

The Land, Infrastructure and Transport Ministry conducted a survey in an individual interview style in December 2005 and asked people how safe they thought Japan was.

Asked, Is Japan safe or dangerous? 28.5 percent of respondents answered, Dangerous. Another 42.1 percent answered, On the dangerous side, bringing the total percentage of those who considered Japan to be dangerous to 70.6 percent.


The combined total of those who said Japan was safe or on the safe side was 23.8 percent.

Asked why they felt Japan was dangerous, the top answers were because unforeseen natural disasters, accidents and terrorism are occurring,because there aren't sufficient measures and preparations to deal with accidents and terrorism and because I think that there is a high chance accidents or terrorism will occur in the future.

[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]






Technology Marketing Corporation

35 Nutmeg Drive Suite 340, Trumbull, Connecticut 06611 USA
Ph: 800-243-6002, 203-852-6800
Fx: 203-866-3326

General comments: tmc@tmcnet.com.
Comments about this site: webmaster@tmcnet.com.

STAY CURRENT YOUR WAY

© 2017 Technology Marketing Corporation. All rights reserved | Privacy Policy