As unbelievable as it may seem, the beginning of the holiday shopping madness is just a few short weeks away. In light of this, a new study from real-time intelligent engagement solution provider, LivePerson (News - Alert), Inc., revealed a number of key trends for retailers to consider as we enter the holiday season.
With an overwhelming number of shoppers – 63 percent of respondents of LivePerson’s survey – planning on doing their holiday shopping online, it is important that retailers cater to their specific needs. A few important results for retailers to bear in mind include:
- 50 percent of those surveyed cited the importance of a company having either a mobile app or website that is easy-to-use on mobile devices.
- 65 percent of those surveyed anticipate using their tablet as one of two primary devices for doing their holiday shopping.
- 45 percent of those surveyed prefer live chat to 1-800 numbers or other forms of support.
- 94 percent of those surveyed who have used live chat in the past plan on using it again during this year’s holiday season.
- 40 percent of those surveyed who use social media during their holiday shopping intend on using Facebook and Twitter (News - Alert) to interact with retailers.
Image via Shutterstock
Although most retailers have already done so in preparation for the 2012 holiday shopping season, these results reiterate the importance of such things as companies optimizing their websites for mobile devices, rolling out their app if they intend to launch one and making sure to keep track of their Twitter and Facebook (News - Alert) queries to ensure that their live support staff is fully trained and ready for the rapidly approaching influx of holiday requests.
Customers are increasingly favoring shopping online, shopping on mobile devices and engaging via social media, and it’s critical that companies prepare themselves to cater to these needs in order to maximize profits during the holiday season. If they don’t, there is surely a company eagerly waiting who is prepared to cater to their shoppers’ needs.