Every four years, the presidential race to the White House can rear its ugly head in United States politics. There will always be U.S. citizens who can’t hold back their extreme hatred for the candidate they disagree with. Nothing displays this more clearly than the death threats made against Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney via Twitter (News - Alert), which were initially uncovered after the last presidential debate.
Since Sunday night, death threats via Twitter have been issued against the Romney. Twitter has exploded with horrific threats from alleged Obama supporters to assassinate Mitt Romney if he wins the general election.
Image via www.examiner.com
The primary reason given for Obama supporters wanting to see Romney dead is the fear that he will take away food stamps, reported InfoWars.Twitchy has reported that post-presidential debate, Obama supporters tweet numerous message about murdering or assassinating Romney that are explicit and graphic. Twitchy compiled a long list of assassination threats by Obama supporters made during and after the debate including the following:
- Yall ready to assassinate Romney ?— Paper Habits (@LoudJet_Life)
- I'm gonna murder Romney right now— Weston Sebree (@WestonSebree)
- Somebody needs to assassinate This mofo Romney— Brendell (@iBeBlowinUrMind)
- If Romney is elected, I'm going to assassinate him #sniperstyle— Erin (@erinheaven)
- If Mitt Romney wins, which I doubt, someone should assassinate him before he ruins the lives of our generation & our children.— The Black Goddess (@RitzyWavyTee)
South Carolina attorney Todd Kincannon, who is also the former executive director of the South Carolina Republican Party, took notice of this hatred almost immediately and directed the threatening messages to the Secret Service and FBI’s official Twitter accounts.
Brian Leary, a spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service, wrote in an e-mail, "The Secret Service is aware of this and will conduct appropriate follow up if necessary.”
Edited by Brooke Neuman