|[January 31, 2013]
Research and Markets: Telco OTT Service Case Studies: Next-Generation Mobile Voice and Messaging
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rhxwtz/telco_ott_service)
has announced the addition of the "Telco
OTT service case studies: next-generation mobile voice and messaging"
report to their offering.
Self-cannibalising certain revenue streams may well be the best
long-term strategy for many mobile operators.
Operators are launching their own next-generation voice and messaging
services in an attempt to counter the threat from operating system and
app providers. Many operators are pursuing a standards-based route to
market, typically based on IS deployment (for example, RCS). Others are
developing proprietary over-the-top (OTT) services, otherwise known as
'telco OTT' offerings. This latter group is the focus of this Viewpoint.
This Viewpoint provides:
- an overview and assessment of the different approaches to 'telco OTT'
offerings, focusing on four broad categories:
- voice over Wi-Fi
- one number, multiple devices
- IP-based messaging
- advanced call management.
- nine case studies of 'telco OTT' communication services:
- A1 over IP (Telekom Austria (News - Alert))
- Libon Voicefeed and Address Book (Orange)
- Bobsled and Clever Connect (T-Mobile)
- Netphone (Smart Communications)
- Rogers One Number (Rogers Communications)
- freeyah (T-Mobile Poland)
- TU Me (Telefónica (News - Alert))
- Tele2 +46 (Tele2)
- TU Go (Telefónica).
- recommendations for operators.
- Telekom Austria
- Smart Communications
- Rogers Communications (News - Alert)
- T-Mobile Poland
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rhxwtz/telco_ott_service
[ Back To TMCnet.com's Homepage ]