Sponsored by: Patton
WEBINAR: Complete Turn-Key IP PBX Solutions
Tuesday May 22, 2012 @ 1 PM EDT/ 10 AM PDT
This webinar highlights turn-key IP PBX solutions that use SmartNode Gateways to connect your legacy phone equipment to your next generation 3CX phone system:
- Connect your existing phone lines to VoIP services and features
- Connect existing legacy phone and fax equipment
- Connect to remote offices with low-cost IP telephony
- Connect on the road and from home
- Connect with voice and data survivability for business continuity
What attendees will learn:
- Business benefits of software-based 3CX phone systems
- How SmartNode VoIP Gateways interconnect legacy telephony with advanced VoIP systems and services
- Pros and Cons of several TDM to IP migration strategies
- SmartNode auto-provisioning with 3CX phone system
From The Expert Corner
April 26, 2012
The Future of Mobile VoIP - Will Microsoft Win?
When VoIP was first introduced, the less than stellar call quality left a bit to be desired. Likewise, when videophones first emerged on the scene and monopolized screen time in SciFi movies, we thought for sure they would be the next wave of communication. The introduction of mobile VoIP seems to be following a similar pattern, stuck in the “too early for its time” phase.
A recent Extreme Tech article highlighted one of the main perks of mobile VoIP – the ability to make calls at a very low to no cost. And, now that call quality is excellent (and you can even incorporate that video call), you would expect mobile VoIP to be the next big wave. Instead, we have Google (News - Alert) Talk and Skype communications that must be arranged in advance, a process in complete contrast with how we live our lives.
The lack of ubiquity has left mobile VoIP merely a shell of what is its full potential. While nearly everyone you know carries a mobile phone at all times, not all users have access to VoIP communications at all times. You have to launch Skype (News - Alert) to complete a call, which makes it a bit of a pain. Plus, you don’t know if the person you need to call is available to answer the Skype call. And, do both carriers allow for Skype on their networks... Read More
Become a TMCnet Columnist!
Become a TMCnet columnist! Want to contribute your expertise to a growing audience of technology professionals? Become a writer, blogger or columnist for the TMCnet Web site and this newsletter. Contact TMCnet Group Editorial Director, Erik Linask, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.