How to Maintain a Professional Image in a Virtual Call Center
January 28, 2013
By Erin Harrison
, Executive Editor, Cloud Computing
While there are many benefits of a virtual call center or home office, one of the challenges of this kind of environment is maintaining a professional image. When communicating with customers, it’s critical to offer them the same level of service you would in a physical call center that is typically equipped with sophisticated VoIP (voice over IP) and unified communications.
There are many solutions for virtual call centers available on the market today, but first, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of a virtual call center:
- Increase staffing flexibility with the freedom to deploy your call center agents anywhere. All they need is a browser, an Internet connection and a phone.
- Reduce costs by eliminating the need for specialized call center hardware, software and the dedicated IT staff necessary for maintenance.
- Rapidly scale your operations up or down in response to changes in your business.
- Effectively manage your agents regardless of their location with robust monitoring and reporting tools.
When customers call, it’s critical to have a phone system in place that projects the perfect image. 8x8 Virtual Office business phone service provides home offices and virtual call centers alike with the necessary features needed to help serve optimally clients in the office and on-the-go. The company touts the following benefits of its Virtual Office platform:
- Cost effective: Unlimited calling to the U.S. and Canada.
- Never miss a call: Enjoy a free softphone for calling over your computer, free mobile apps for making and taking business calls from your iPhone, iPad or Android (News - Alert) phones or tablets, and voicemails delivered right to your e-mail so you can listen to them on the run.
- Impressive features: A sampling of this includes enjoyable hold music, a conference bridge, three-way calling, caller ID, voicemail and advanced call forwarding. Your clients will never know you are working from home – that is, unless you tell them.
8x8’s (News - Alert) business phone service is easy to set up and use. Then again, when all you need is an Internet connection and a VoIP business phone, how can it not be? Even more, you can completely skip the phone by using a smartphone or computer. Now that’s easy.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Allison Boccamazzo