Telecom Cost Management Featured Article
MDSL Taking Control with Telecom Cost Management
By Tim Gray, TMCnet Web Editor
That is why companies like MDSL (News - Alert) offer Telecom Expense Management (TEM) platforms that reduce the unnecessary costs and inefficiencies that enterprises encounter while paying for these telecommunications services. The service is designed to help ensure companies only pay for the services they receive — and at their contracted rates.
- The most obvious benefits of MDSL TEM are the financial refunds and credits that can be generated by billing error corrections, which can typically range from between 6 percent to 20 percent of the total telecom expenditure.
- The OnDemand nature of the service provides validation savings through ongoing, dynamic audits. Savings can be gained though both current credits applied to immediate bills as well as costs avoided over a future period.
- MDSL TEM enables organizations to charge back users and cost centers for their relevant telecom usage.
- At the heart of the MDSL TEM solution is a specialized inventory management system that documents the telecom environment in precise detail, including full cost analysis for instant identification and tracking.
- Because MDSL TEM provides a better business insight into telecom spending and usage, the organization can apply that knowledge toward more efficient management of its users’ requirements and its suppliers.
- Businesses can realize strategic benefits by fine-tuning the management of services, vendors, technology, and pricing plans.
- Because MDSL TEM is an OnDemand service there is no hardware or software to install and maintain and no capital expenditure. This allows you to remain focused on your core business.
- Simply subscribe to the most advanced TEM services in the market and leverage automated tools and best practice methodologies from any web browser.
- TEM OnDemand gives you access to a wealth of online management reports and keeps you in control of strategic decisions.
Tim Gray is a Web Editor for TMCnet, covering news in the IP communications, call center and customer relationship management industries. To read more of Tim�s articles, please visit his columnist page.
Edited by Tim Gray
» More from the Telecom Cost Management Channel