TMCnews Featured Article
Sagem Unveils Latest IP Fax Product for Cisco AXP, ISR G2
By Erin Harrison, Executive Editor, Cloud Computing
As the 14-year-old, Canada-based IP fax server company gears up for an official rebranding, Sagem-Interstar (News - Alert)- a global leader in advanced IP fax server solutions - recently unveiled its latest fax over IP solutions aimed at small to mid-size organizations and branch office deployments.
In an interview with Sagemcom's John Nikolopoulos last month at VoiceCon in Orlando, he explained that the product is the world's first and only application-certified fax solution to run inside a Cisco Integrated Services Router Generation 2 and Application eXtension Platform (AXP) release 1.5. In the past few years, the uptick in FoIP deployments has been largely driven by TDM to IP adoption.
The patented XMediusFAX AXP solution offers a cost-effective and efficient means for 'mission-critical' enterprise faxing from the office, home, or even on the road, Nikolopoulos said. Some of the primary benefits of fax over IP include 'survivability, compliance and security,' he added.
In short, the XMediusFAX AXP 6.5 FoIP solution enhances the evolving borderless branch IT, UC and enterprise content management ecosystems. It also offers new features including:
• Compatibility with Cisco Services Ready Engines (SRE 700 & 900), as well as Enhanced Network Modules (NME 302, 502, 522) running AXP 1.5;
• 'Auto-healing' branch survivability for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios;
• A multilingual user interface (supporting English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese);
• FoIP-optimized operations enhancements facilitating rapid deployment and troubleshooting;
• A versatile report-generation engine for improved control and business process efficiency;
• Web phonebook for integration with emerging Web 2.0 technologies and infrastructures; and
• Full SIP-based interoperability with major UC platforms, including Cisco CUCM/AXP, Avaya (News - Alert)Aura CM, and Alcatel-Lucent OXE, as well as other leading gateway and infrastructure solutions.
Sagem-Interstar (soon-to-be Sagemcom) officials said that as the first and only IP fax server software to run inside a Cisco ISR, the growing company will continue to keep reducing network complexities at the top of its agenda.
'We are proud of our close relationship with Cisco since 2002, and we are committed to working in tandem with Cisco to optimize our eco-friendly FoIP offerings,' said Jean Champagne, general manager of Sagem-Interstar. 'Reducing network complexities, increasing ROI, and improving efficiency in today's borderless networks are among our top market-driven priorities.'
Erin Harrison is a senior editor with TMCnet, primarily covering telecom expense management, politics and technology and Web 2.0. She serves as senior editor for TMC's (News - Alert)print publications, including 'Internet Telephony', 'Customer Interaction Solutions', 'Unified Communications' and 'NGN' magazines. Erin also oversees production of TMCnet's weekly iPhone (News - Alert)e-Newsletter. To read more of Erin's articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Erin Harrison