Call Recording Featured Article
OAISYS Updates Call Recording Solutions, Enhances Performance and Scalability
Takeaway: OAISYS is on the right track with a hefty list of accomplishments in 2010 and a defined roadmap for 2011. In 2010, the company’s revenue through October was up 40 percent compared to the same period in 2009, a testimony to the benefits a company can derive from the OAISYS (News - Alert) Talkument and Tracer call recording and contact center management software.
The OAISYS solutions help businesses evaluate sales techniques and ensure quality and compliance - important activities that foster customer loyalty, which in turn improves a company’s bottom line. Furthermore, ever-tightening government regulations around call recording are driving businesses to record and archive more communications (voice calls now, but watch for video and IM requirements in the future).
In 2010, OAISYS released three new software versions (6.1, 6.2 and 6.3), adding language packs, integration with speech analytics, testing with Fixed Mobile Convergence (News - Alert) solutions, as well as nearly doubling the product’s capacity and supporting a software-only package for an industry-standard Windows server or a Windows server running the VMware vSphere client (both Talkument and Tracer are VMware Ready certified). OAISYS recording software is deployed with a number of leading telecommunications telephony systems from Avaya, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel and Toshiba (News - Alert) and tightly integrated with the prairieFyre customer interaction solutions portfolio. Read more below.
OAISYS announces a new software release for Talkument and Tracer, the company’s call recording and contact center management solutions for small to large businesses. New features and functionality, increased capacity and a software-only package are available with the latest version 6.3 update, building upon two updates earlier in 2010. The OAISYS software has an open architecture and associated APIs that enable integrations with third party solutions, making the OAISYS solution even more valuable to a variety of businesses, including larger enterprises, public sector organizations and healthcare environments which are particular target markets for OAISYS. Among the third-party integrations are CVT 3L’s call accounting, IAT’s predictive dialing, prairieFyre and CRM applications such as ACT!, Salesforce.com and Microsoft (News - Alert) Dynamics CRM.
The company’s Talkument call recording and voice documentation software utilizes the patent-pending OAISYS Portable Voice Document (PVD) technology for storing and organizing call recordings. Tracer is license-activated contact center management software that adds advanced capabilities for quality assurance, real-time coaching and employee evaluation. The customer can provision the licenses on a user-by-user basis so that each user can access the foundation layer Talkument call recording functionality, Tracer features, or both. The company cites its channel-only sales model (no direct sales) and emphasis on customer service with pre- and post-sales support (JumpStart Services) as key advantages and differentiators from the competition. The OAISYS SureDeal Guarantee Program offers a 60-day money-back satisfaction guarantee to eligible buyers, and Professional Services are available for specialized installation support.
To recap, in 2010, OAISYS delivered three new versions (6.1, 6.2 and 6.3), adding support for third-party speech analytics interoperability and new language packs, SIP trunk integration and on-demand licensing (version 6.1) and a Matching Logic feature that allows collection of information from SIP trunks (version 6.2). International deployments of Talkument and Tracer are growing with installations now in 15 countries; new language packs added in 2010 (French, Spanish and Portuguese) have made the solution more viable in other world regions (previously only English was available).
The latest version 6.3 improves performance and lowers deployment costs with the following new capabilities:
- Software-only packaging: With the software-only option, customers can choose to host the OAISYS software on an industry-standard Windows dedicated server, or an appropriately provisioned Windows machine running the VMware vSphere client. Both Talkument and Tracer are VMware Ready certified.
- Increased scalability for larger deployments: Software efficiencies (optimizing database utilization, memory and login sessions) for the OAISYS Talkument and Tracer software recording solutions enable capacity increases to 100 endpoints for the pre-bundled rack-mount appliance (up from 48 endpoints) and 350 endpoints for the built-to-order server-based system (up from 192; pictured). Further scalability is possible when OAISYS appliances and servers are networked together.
- Distributed Mitel network support: Each recording server now handles multiple MiTAI (Mitel Telephony Application Interface) connections, reducing the server requirements and lowering costs and complexity in distributed Mitel controller environments.
- Variable Data Retention: The archiving and purging of data previously based on age can now be customized according to account codes, extensions, Caller ID or user-entered data in order to meet varying company or departmental requirements.
- Automatic Location Identification: In public safety call handling environments, OAISYS software can now search and retrieve recordings based on ALI-related data which identifies the geographic location of the phone used by an incoming caller.
A forthcoming version 7.0 will integrate with Microsoft Active Directory, add support for 64-bit Windows operating systems, enhance Quality Monitoring and make some improvements related to public safety. The extended 2011 roadmap will focus on enterprise needs, introducing a managed service center, VMware VMotion integration and adding capabilities for distributed architectures, as well as addressing the public sector with Next Generation 9-1-1 solutions.
Availability/Compatibility: OAISYS version 6.3 solutions are generally available in December 2010. Version 7.0 will begin field trials in January. Existing customers enrolled in the OAISYS support services program will be able to get a free software upgrade from their dealer. OAISYS recording software is deployed with a number of leading telecommunications telephony systems from Avaya (News - Alert), Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel and Toshiba and tightly integrated with the prairieFyre customer interaction solutions portfolio.
Sandra M. Gustavsen, business VoIP analyst, contributes her Business VoIP column to TMCnet. To read more of Sandra’s articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Tammy Wolf