RCCSP Alliance Launches 'Do More With Less' Training Programs
Never has the need to have contact center agents and supervisors that are well-trained more critical yet rarely have budgets been so tight as today and going forward into the next decade.
Increasing popularity of voice and web self-service solutions with organizations and users has left contact center staff to handle the most challenging and urgent calls from often-frustrated callers: individuals for whom every effort must be made to retain and to grow their business. That requires agents with sharp skills including demonstrating empathy, problem solving and selling and supervisors who can ensure these front-line staff are optimized and who perform to high expectations. Yet both training and travel allocations have been slashed.
Nina Kawalek, CEO, RCCSP Professional Education Alliance, a horizontal industry alliance of more than 40 U.S. professional contact center, help desk, IT support, telecom, and service management training providers, reports there is increased need for training in techniques and disciplines that allow contact centers to do more with less. There is for example a growing need for knowledge of operational optimization techniques that were once considered a luxury but which are now regarded as survival skills.
The RCCSP Alliance is answering the call with several new programs introduced in 2010 that are directly targeted at these pressing needs:
- Learn how to evaluate and employ today’s emerging contact center technologies to increase efficiency, improve service quality and lower costs in Contact Center Technology: Topics, Trends and Truths
- Learn how to maximize the use of the center’s existing IVR, speech recognition, and self-service technology capabilities in the newly updated Improving the Effectiveness of IVR and Speech Recognition
- Fine-tune your front-line workforce planning, scheduling, and staffing to maximum ROI and high-quality service delivery in The Art & Science of Workforce Management, a three-day, hands-on certification boot camp
- Learn how to design contact center compensation, pay and bonus plans that drive performance and really work in Effective Contact Center Bonuses, Pay and Performance Systems
- Find out how to apply powerful contact center engineering techniques that will cut wait times in half and increase throughput – with no additional staffing -- in Contact Center Metrics, Data Analytics, and Reporting
- How to get a firm grasp of the financial management issues that affect your center's results and can control your future in Principles of Call Center Finance
“In peer networking sessions, we frequently hear from call center managers who have had their staffing cut to the bone and are left with skeletal teams to carry a workload beyond their capacities,” said Kawalek. “Many feel powerless, weathering an avalanche of calls as best they can. Just surviving the workload is success. They need new, innovated solutions to meet dire circumstances. And, those skills can be found in the industry’s state-of-the-art training and certification programs. The answers really are there.”
Edited by Stefanie Mosca