Call Center Scheduling Feature Article
November 11, 2008
Call Center Scheduling Must Apply to All Agent Activities
By Susan J. Campbell, TMCnet Contributing Editor
Nearly one third of UK call center agents deal with both e-mail and telephone calls daily, yet the majority do not have specific time allocated in their call center scheduling to deal with their multimedia workload.
Steve Morell, author of the Contact Babel report, stated in a CCF Online report, “One of the reasons that the proportion of multimedia interactions has hardly risen in the past five years is underinvestment in technology to route and handle such requests. However, another major inhibitor to multimedia take-up is that most contact centers are not giving their agents sufficient time to deal with non-telephony work.”
Monet Software is one company that focuses on providing companies with the necessary tools to properly schedule their call center agents’ time. To do so will ensure that agents are as productive as possible while delivering high levels of customer service to the entire customer base.
Susan J. Campbell is a contributing editor for TMCnet and has also written for eastbiz.com. To read more of Susan's articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Michelle Robart
Call Center Management Resources
- NEW-4 Tips to Improve Intraday Management in Your Contact Center
- NEW-The Human Services Agency of San Francisco Improves Scheduling and Transparency with Monet Software
- NEW-Cost and Benefit Comparison: Cloud vs. Premise vs. Hosted
- Bayview Loan Servicing Boosts Efficiency of Staffing/Scheduling with Monet Software
- GECU Increases Productivity and Service Levels with Monet Software