Call Center Management Feature Article
March 04, 2009
How Much Can the Call Center Save Through Automated Scheduling?
By Susan J. Campbell, TMCnet Contributing Editor
On the other hand, how many call center managers have found an answer to the question: “How much can I save through automated call center scheduling?” If the call center manager were to take an in depth look at the options available and how they apply within the call center, he or she may be able to answer their own question.
2. Automation of scheduling tasks – traditional methods for call center scheduling included manual or Excel-based spreadsheet creation. Manual forecasting and scheduling were eating up management time in such call centers, time that could be spent improving operations. When these tasks are automated, call center managers are finding that they can reduce time spent on scheduling by at least 25 percent.
3. Reduction in workforce shrinkage – non-productive interruptions waste a significant amount of an agent’s time within the call center. When scheduling and agents are managed through a workforce management solution, managers can be provided with historical and real-time information on agent schedule adherence and exceptions. Such an approach has been shown to reduce workforce shrinkage by 10 to 20 minutes per agent per day.
To get a better idea of how these advantages work out in terms of actual numbers, consider a call center scenario of 25 agents and one supervisor based on industry average wages and hourly cost. A reduction in shrinkage of 15 minutes per agent per day would amount to $23,250; a 25 percent reduction in manual scheduling time for the supervisor would save $1,800; and more accurate staffing saves 2 percent or $13,020 for a total annual savings of $38,070 per year.
For a free cost saving calculation based on your call center specifics please e-mail Monet Software at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susan J. Campbell is a contributing editor for TMCnet and has also written for eastbiz.com. To read more of Susan’s articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Michelle Robart
Call Center Management Resources
- NEW-4 Tips to Improve Intraday Management in Your Contact Center
- NEW-The Human Services Agency of San Francisco Improves Scheduling and Transparency with Monet Software
- NEW-Cost and Benefit Comparison: Cloud vs. Premise vs. Hosted
- Bayview Loan Servicing Boosts Efficiency of Staffing/Scheduling with Monet Software
- GECU Increases Productivity and Service Levels with Monet Software
- Call Center Scheduling, Forecasting & Adherence
- Call Center Supervisor Collaboration
- Call Recording
- Call Center Quality Management & Monitoring
- Performance Management & Agent Analytics