This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Austria's telecommunications market. The report analyses the mobile, internet, broadband, digital TV and converging media sectors.
- Telekom Austria expands in CEE through additional acquisitions - infrastructure investment growth
- mobile sector revenue accounting for two-thirds of total telecom revenue - Xlink launches 1Gb/s FttH broadband offer
- Telekom Austria targets connecting 2.3 million homes with FttH by 2013 - mobile broadband subscribers approach two million mark, representing almost 60% of all broadband customers - TA's GigaNet FttX network reaches 52% of households
- UPC Austria tests 1.3Gb/s service
- TA trials vectoring technology
- LTE to be available to a quarter of all Austrians by end-2013 - mobile TV streaming success with more than 50 channels available - 2011 Frequency Utilization Plan opening up 800MHz spectrum for 4G use - spectrum auction planned for late-2012
- strong subscriber growth keeping mobile sector revenue steady - 3 Austria launches LTE
- Telekom Austria forms TA Group M2M subsidiary to manage its involvement in the M2M sector - UPC signs up as an MVNO on H3's network
- mobile data traffic shows strong growth
- A1 boasts 88% LTE coverage in Vienna and surrounds
- retailer Spar launches as an MVNO
- 3 Austria buys Orange
- regulator's market data for Q1 2012
- telcos' financial and operating data to September 2012 - market developments to early 2013.
About This Report
This report is essential reading for those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on the telecom sector in Austria.
It provides further information on:
- Market liberalisation and regulatory issues;
- The impact of the global economic crisis;
- Telecoms operators - privatisation, acquisitions, new licences; - Mobile data market developments in coming years in light of spectrum auctions and new license awards; - 3G developments, regulatory issues and technologies including HSPA and LTE; - Broadband migration to an FttH architecture;Historical and current subscriber statistics and forecasts; - ARPU statistics and forecasts.
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=20&campaign_id=kzhtlx)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).